Sikasil WT-480 High-modulus, 2-component window bonding adhesive (490ml)
Sikasil® WT-480 is a 2-component, neutral-curing structural silicone adhesive with very high modulus, for structural bonding of insulating glass units into window frames and for back-bedding applications.
- Meets requirements of EOTA ETAG 002 and RAL-GZ 716/1
- Very high modulus
- Excellent adhesion to a wide variety of substrates
- Outstanding UV and weathering resistance
- Very good mechanical properties
- Good gap-filling capabilities
- Remains flexible over a wide temperature range
- Long-term durability
Sikasil® WT-480 has a wide adhesion range on many substrates such as glass, (coated) metal, wood, PVC and many other substrates. In combination with its good mechanical properties, especially the high modulus of elasticity, this makes the adhesive most suitable for structural bonding of insulating glass units into window frames and for back-bedding applications.
It is further suitable for highly demanding industrial bonding and sealing applications.
Sikasil WT 480 Technical Data
- Application Temperature: 5 ─ 40 °C
- Snap Time (CQP554-1): 35 minutes
- Tack Free Time (CQP019-3): 180 minutes
- Shore A Hardness (CQP023-1 / ISO 7619-1): 60
- Tensile Strength (CQP036-1 / ISO 527): 2.5 MPa
- 100 % Modulus (CQP036-1 / ISO 527): 2.0 MPa
- Elongation at Break (CQP036-1 / ISO 527): 140 %
- Tear Propagation Resistance (CQP045-1 / ISO 34): 2.5 N/mm
- Service Temperature (CQP513-1): -40 ─ 150 °C
This product is suitable for experienced professional users only. Tests with actual substrates and conditions have to be performed ensuring adhesion and material compatibility.